Today, I will be introducing EasyASP Hosting, and how EasyASP Hosting is an incredible platform for serving anything Windows related.
EasyASP Hosting is so specialized towards Windows server hosting, they don’t even offer Linux support.
With all the Linux hosting solutions, it can be really hard to find a hosting solution that actually does Windows. Microsoft is still a big software player, right?
Thankfully, EasyASP Hosting has a ton of features that I think you’ll like.
I know your time is valuable, so let’s jump right in.
Table of Contents
We are a professional review site that receives compensation from the companies whose products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
- Who Is EasyASP Hosting?
- EasyASP Hosting Review: What I Like
- EasyASP Hosting Review: How EasyASP Hosting Can Improve
- EasyASP Hosting Review: Verdict
Who Is EasyASP Hosting?
Before I dig into the good things and possible improvements of EasyASP Hosting, let me tell you about the history and the people behind EasyASP Hosting.
EasyASP Hosting has been serving customers since 1997. Wow. That’s a long track record of success. That tells you they know what they’re doing. They’re reliable.
EasyASP Hosting’s data center facilities is a $10 million dollar facility. They opened it in 2003, and it is located just outside of Denver, Colorado.
EasyASP Hosting is debt-free company. This means it’s highly unlikely a bankruptcy event will make you move your software from their servers to another server.
You can read more about EasyASP Hosting’s history on their “About Us” page.
EasyASP Hosting Review: What I Like
Now that you have an understanding of EasyASP Hosting’s history and who they are, let’s get into some things that I liked about EasyASP Hosting.
- Really good with ASP.NET websites. The tooling is all there. It’s very easy to setup web hosting with ASP servers.
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. At any point within 30 days of first purchasing, you have the option of getting a 100% refund.
- Free ASP components. Like Jmail, ASPEmail, ASPJpeg, and ASPUpload. They all come with your subscription.
- 24/7/365 Customer Support channels via email + instant messaging. No phone support, but you can always instant message.
- Free Website statistics. That is pretty nice. You don’t have to wrap your head around trying to get Google Analytics setup. Basic stats like page counts are right there for you to see.
- ColdFusion support. ColdFusion is a powerful tool for rapid prototyping. However, it costs more to accept the ColdFusion support. You can read more about Coldfusion pricing in their FAQ page.
- Starter Hosting Plan: $7.95/month to $9.99/month
- Standard Hosting Plan: $12.99/month to $14.99/month
- Premium Hosting Plan: $17.99/month to $19.99/month
- Broad payment plan support. Easy ASP accepts MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, and even checks or Paypal. The only one they don’t support is Bitcoin…(lol is that a deal breaker?).
- Nightly backup, 2 week archive. That is very, very impressive that it’s automatically supported like that. They know that you must be a serious enterprise company. And that you MUST have backups. So they just provide it to you out of the box.
EasyASP Hosting Review: How EasyASP Hosting Can Improve
Since EasyASP specializes so heavily in the ASP scripting language, there are some areas that are not ideal:
- Doesn’t do PHP as well as mainstream. Of course, we have to talk about the most popular web scripting language, PHP. If you are a PHP shop, then EasyASP isn’t for you. There are probably many better options.
- Unconventional control panel. If you have any experience doing online hosting, you will have probably come across cPanel, which seems to be used in almost every web hosting solution. These guys used a custom “EasyASP Control Panel“. So it will take some getting used to.
- Cannot Call Customer support. If you wanted “immediate” customer support, you would not have the option of calling and getting a resolution. However, you can contact them via chat + email.
- No Linux. As a former software engineer, it actually shocks me that there’s web hosting that doesn’t have Linux. It almost seems like everything is Linux. Now that said…if your software needs Linux, EasyASP will definitely not be the answer for you.
- Does not accept Bitcoin. Not sure if this matters to you (probably not), but they do not accept payment in Bitcoin.
- Data centers are only located in Colorado. If you are familiar with AWS’s EC2 at all, you will have grown up spoiled. In Amazon’s AWS, you could choose a Virtual Machine to launch from basically anywhere in the world. The downside of EasyASP Hosting is that it must be hosted in Colorado.
- When you sign up, the minimum billed is for 6 months. This is a little different from the usual Amazon AWS EC2 billing, which is monthly. EasyASP Hosting says it’s due to “monthly hosting rates are so low, we cannot afford to pay the credit card companies every month for transaction fees”. You can read more in their FAQ.
EasyASP Hosting Review: Verdict
Now that you’ve read the entire review, it should be a pretty easy judgment call on whether you should go with EasyASP Hosting.
Obviously if you are a PHP shop, then EasyASP Hosting is not for you.
But if your company is a ASP scripting language software shop, you should strongly consider EasyASP Hosting. If you do ANY Windows software deveopment, you should just go with EasyASP Hosting.
P.S. If you are looking for web hosting, just click this link right here to get EasyASP Hosting.