Have you ever tried dropshipping? If you have…you’d know that it’s really, really hard. You’ve probably lost money, a lot of time, a lot of stress…well guess what, you’re not the only one. Welcome to the club. When I first started out, it was so discouraging to see $1300 worth of ads go down the drain with NO sales. A course full of information from somebody who has succeeded can make things A LOT easier.
In this review, I will discuss what you will learn, who should buy the course, and any drawbacks. By the end of this review, you should have a good idea as to whether James Holt’s “Start Dropshipping Stuff” course is right for you.
Here is a brief overview of the topics I will cover.
- My full disclosure…
- Who is James Holt?
- Things I DON’T LIKE about “Start Dropshipping Stuff” Course?
- Things I LIKE about “Start Dropshipping Stuff” Course?
- Who should sign up for “Start Dropshipping Stuff” Course?
- Who should NOT sign up for “Start Dropshipping Stuff” Course?
- Alternatives to “Start Dropshipping Stuff” Course
- Some Final Thoughts…
My full disclosure…
Is that there are absolutely no affiliate links in this page! Go ahead and look at the links. There is no affiliate id in any of the URLs.
This review is my a honest-to-God opinion about James Holt’s “Start Dropshipping Stuff” course.
Author: James Holt
Course name: Pro Niche Site
Rating: 4.99 out of 5 (haha almost perfect?)
Who is James Holt?
Smart question. You don’t wanna blow money on someone you don’t even know.
One of the best ways to evaluate somebody is via their Twitter. A favorite quote of mine from one of my favorite people:
With that in mind, you can see James Holt’s twitter here: https://twitter.com/StartSellingSSS
As you can see, he regularly drops a lot of “sauce” (good tips for making money). Here’s just one good example from the man himself:
Very smart guy. One of the best twitter accounts you can follow for learning online business.
Some more basic info about James: he’s only 20 years old, but he’s already had 3 years of online business under his belt (as of Feb 2019). He’s already earned 6-figures in online business, starting out doing affiliate marketing, later transitioning to dropshipping, and how he’s building a Tony Robbins-like brand.
This guy’s the real deal, and there are many others who follow James Holt’s twitter account, follow him, and took his course.
Very inspirational guy!
Things I DON’T LIKE about “Start Dropshipping Stuff” Course
Ugh, the price tag! When I first saw that $500 price tag, I felt so uneasy…how do I know I’m not being scammed? But look, my first couple go arounds with dropshipping took me down $1300…testing Facebook ads for t-shirts, of all things. What in the world was I doing wrong? That’s when I decided that if I’m really serious about dropshipping, I better invest in the course. Boy, I wish I did that sooner. It would have saved me months of dead-ends. Which would have been easily thousands of dollars. Because each ad you test takes $100. My first couple go arounds with dropshipping took $1300. Had I had this course, it would have saved me so much money…It takes money to make money…
It’s so hard to find something bad about this course…because it’s all good, valuable knowledge, bag of tricks from somebody who has actually succeeded. And there is nothing more valuable than knowledge…
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. (Founding Father, Benjamin Franklin)
Things I LIKE about “Start Dropshipping Stuff” Course
James Holt really built the course so that anybody could learn dropshipping. Anyone. As long as you have an internet connection, a computer, and some English.
Some absolutely killer, quick, and easy tricks:
- What is a bad niche? How to avoid them.
- How to validate product ideas by testing ads on a small scale? Do not waste $1000 on a huge Facebook ad campaign like I did!
- How to setup your very own dropshipping store.
- Access to his personal swipe file of copy and ad templates. Good artists copy, great artists steal? Said one very wise man (you might have heard of him…Steve Jobs anybody?).
Who should sign up for “Start Dropshipping Stuff” Course
Here’s a quick checklist to see if this course is for you:
- You have at least $1000 in spare capital to test dropshipping stores and ideas— That’s in addition to the cost of the course. It took me 10 failed ad campaign tests before finally hitting pay dirt…yeah, it’s not easy! It took hard work. But if you work hard too, you can make it too.
- You have a steady income or a boatload of cash — just in case dropshipping doesn’t work. Dropshipping is risky — you strike it rich or strike out.
- You are going to devote…let’s say at least 0.5 hour each day to taking action from the course — or else what was the point?
Who should NOT sign up for “Start Dropshipping Stuff” Course
- You don’t have $1000 in spare cash — In that case, start saving up money. Work 2 jobs if you have to. Maybe try to get into a high paying career (Wall Street, Silicon Valley, or Sales).
- You have low pain tolerance for losing money— Let me tell you from personal experience, losing $1000 and not seeing any return is really demoralizing.
- You are lazy— If you’re lazy, don’t drop $500 on something you’re not going to use…
- You are a beginner to online business — It might be better to start off with affiliate marketing, which still has a steep learning curve, so you’ll learn a lot.
Alternatives to “Start Dropshipping Stuff” Course
Before I get into some alternatives to James Holt’s “Start Dropshipping Stuff” Course, I need to give you one major warning. There are so many scammers out there…all they want to do is take your money. Some courses are just totally useless.
Another thing: don’t buy four courses. Investigate, read reviews, then pick one, maybe two, courses that you will execute on. You do not need to buy four courses…just 1–2 is enough.
Anyway, this not the only course. There are so many great courses out there. Just be curious. Be a learning machine. You know what favorite quote this reminds me of?
Follow @naval if you haven’t already.
Anyway, without further ado, other great courses are:
- Chris Johnson’s course “6 Figure Side Hustle” — Another great dropshipping course. But this one is a lot cheaper at $50. If you’re on a budget, you might want to hit this one up first!
- Nate Schmidt (SCHM7DT)’s course Ecom Copy Crash Course — this is one of the guys who bought “Start Dropshipping Stuff” course and actually started being successful. He’s one of the testimonials I mentioned earlier. Now the student has become the teacher. He’s a smart one to learn from.
However, his course, last I checked, isn’t open for enrollment. Maybe it will be available later…
- KyleTrouble’s course “Pro Niche Site” — dropshipping is not the only way to make money online. Niche websites are another good way to go. Later, I’ll post my own review of that great course. The Cliff notes version is he teaches you how to setup your own domain, blog, how to find keywords, and finally how to write articles.
Some Final Thoughts…
So…yeah, this course is awesome! You will learn a lot. Save yourself a lot of time. But make sure you know what you’re getting into. Make sure you’re going to spend time learning and applying. Make sure you have a steady income or a lot of cash on hand.
And if you want it badly enough, if you work hard, you too can make it big.
Go make that bread.
P.S. If you get started on the course, send me a DM on twitter and I’ll help provide dropshipping tips. Personal coaching from me 🙂