We will be teaching you how to setup a free VPN to use in China. The VPN we will be using in this tutorial is HotspotShield’s free tier. The free tier has a limitation of 720 MB/day. Good for most things, except for streaming video.
But first, some things you should know…
- Try to install VPN before going to China, because China could have banned the download of VPN!
- Free VPNs can be slow. Everybody else is trying to use them.
- Free VPNs may contain malware related to advertising. Nothing is ever completely free…
- Free VPNs may violate your privacy by selling your data to advertisers, who will use your data to advertise to you.
- What can I say? You get what you pay for. Quality might be worth it. Check out ExpressVPN, NordVPN, or PureVPN.
Overview of steps
- Go here: https://www.hotspotshield.com/free-vpn/ and download their free VPN.
- Follow the steps in the installer.
- Sign up for 7-day free trial
- Click button for VPN
Congratulations! You now have free VPN access. Have any questions? Let me know in the comments.